Are You Our New Embedded Software Engineer?
Do you want to be part of the transition to autonomous transportation? High quality steering and vehicle motion control is certainly one of the keys to achieve autonomous transportation on our roads. We’re developing the hardware and software to make it a reality.
Not only will you be working with the coolest technical challenges creating the steering and vehicle motion control of the future. You will also be part of an optimistic atmosphere, where joy, knowledge-sharing and openness are key characteristics. We are passionate about deploying new ways of working and focusing on continuous improvements to stay in the forefront. With us you will have a very experienced, skilled and openminded team on your side.
Take the opportunity to join Sentient on our journey to supply the steering and vehicle motion control of the transportation solutions of tomorrow.
This is us, your new colleagues
Sentient is a small but highly competent independent firm. Our focus is Electric Control Units for steering and complete vehicle control. Since our product is independent of vehicle size, we’re targeting both passenger cars and heavy vehicles. Our Blueprint Steering has been in production at a major truck OEM since 2013. We’re located at Lindholmen, Gothenburg, and have our fleet of test vehicles at AstaZero.
We are now looking for Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join the platform team. In this position the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven capability and experience in design and development roles. The main responsibilities will be to:
Design, develop and maintain low level embedded software for our Electric Power Steering Control Unit. Including, but not limited to:
• Algorithm design and implementation in C
• Break down and write requirements
• Design documentation
• Writing unit and integration tests
• Planning and time estimation of work packages
• Plan and Participate in verification and testing activities
• Stay abreast with new technology
Who are you? Are we a perfect match?
We are looking for someone who thrives on finding solutions to highly complex challenges, never afraid to try out new ideas in search of innovation and takes pride in delivering outstanding products. To fit in our teamculture you need to be a team-player who fosters a dynamic environment and accelerates learning in others.
You qualify if you have:
• Degree in Embedded Software Development with at least 3 years of documented experience
• Strong knowledge of low level embedded software development in C
• Good knowledge of electronics
• Autonomy, drive and ability to work in a team are key abilities
• Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written
• Ability to manage & support multiple activities (time management skills)
It is considered a merit if you have experience within one or several of the following:
• Infineon Aurix
• Motor Control
• Development of Safety-critical products (ISO26262 or similar)
• CI/CD, Automated testing
• Truck driver license
• Experience in version control tools
What can we offer?
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, dynamic environment where you make a difference. We trust the individual and act as a team, stay close to the product and provide opportunities for professional and personal growth. This position is full time and based in Gothenburg.
More information and how to apply
For questions about this position send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Yvonne Lindström (HR Manager) +46 (0)732-47 41 40.
We are hiring continuously so don’t take too long. Looking forward to receiving your application.